Skyrim is a vast and beautiful world that can be explored for hours on end. While traveling on foot is an excellent way to immerse oneself in the world, it can become tedious and time-consuming, especially when you have to cover long distances. In this article, we will discuss how to increase your walk speed in Skyrim using various methods and techniques.
Understanding the basics of walk speed in Skyrim
The speed at which your character walks in Skyrim is determined by their weight, equipped gear, and the terrain they are walking on. Heavy armor and weapons can slow down your character, and rough terrain can reduce their speed further. It is essential to keep these factors in mind when trying to increase your character’s walk speed.
Tips And Tricks To Increase Walk Speed
Before delving into specific methods, here are some general tips that can help you increase your character’s walk speed in Skyrim:
- Reduce your character’s weight by carrying only essential items.
- Avoid carrying heavy armor and weapons if possible.
- Use the Sprint function to move faster temporarily.
- Take advantage of the Athletics skill by running and jumping more often.
- Avoid traveling on rough terrain when possible.
- Alteration spells and perks to increase walk speed:
The Alteration school of magic in Skyrim offers various spells that can increase your character’s walk speed. These spells include:
- Longstride: Increases your character’s speed by 50% for 60 seconds.
- Muffle: Reduces your character’s footstep noise, making it harder for enemies to detect you.
- Waterwalking: Allows your character to walk on water, making it easier to cross rivers and lakes.
Additionally, the Alteration skill tree offers perks that can further increase your character’s speed, such as:
- Agile Defender: Increases armor rating by 20% when wearing all Light Armor.
- Mage Armor: Increases armor rating by 30% when wearing all Alteration spells.
- Stability: Spells that knock you down are less effective, allowing you to keep moving.
Potions To Increase Walk Speed
Alchemy is a vital skill in Skyrim that can be used to create various potions with different effects, including speed-enhancing potions.
These potions can be incredibly useful when exploring the vast world of Skyrim, allowing your character to move faster and cover more ground in a shorter amount of time. Here are some of the ingredients that can be used to create speed-enhancing potions and how they work:
This ingredient can be found by hunting bears throughout Skyrim. When combined with other ingredients like Canis Root or Hanging Moss, it can create a potion that increases your character’s speed for 300 seconds. The potion can be incredibly useful when trying to outrun enemies or travel long distances quickly.
This ingredient can be found by hunting giants throughout Skyrim. When combined with other ingredients like Wheat or Creep Cluster, it can create a potion that increases your character’s carry weight and reduces their overall weight. While not directly increasing your character’s speed, reducing their overall weight can make them move faster and more efficiently.
This ingredient can be found by hunting hawks throughout Skyrim. When combined with other ingredients like Snowberries or Purple Mountain Flower, it can create a potion that increases your character’s speed for 300 seconds. The potion can be useful when trying to outrun enemies or move quickly through rough terrain.
This ingredient can be obtained by killing vampires throughout Skyrim. When combined with other ingredients like Luna Moth Wing or Powdered Mammoth Tusk, it can create a potion that increases your character’s speed and sneak for 300 seconds. The potion can be useful when trying to move quickly and quietly through enemy territory or avoid detection by hostile creatures.
The Role Of Horses In Increasing Walk Speed
Horses are more than just a means of transportation in Skyrim; they are a valuable asset that can help increase your character’s walk speed. These majestic creatures can be found in various stables throughout the game, and each has a unique speed and health rating.
Riding a horse can allow you to cover long distances quickly and efficiently, making them a valuable tool for exploration and combat.
Owning a horse in Skyrim can provide you with a sense of companionship and loyalty as you travel together. Just like a loyal friend, your horse will always be by your side, ready to help you in any way possible.
The bond between a horse and its rider can be a powerful thing, making your adventures in Skyrim even more immersive and enjoyable.
In addition to their speed and companionship, horses can also be used in combat. While riding a horse, you can use weapons like bows and arrows or even magic to attack enemies while on the move. This can be especially useful when facing multiple enemies at once, allowing you to move quickly and avoid taking damage.
However, it is important to note that horses can be killed in combat, so it is crucial to protect them and dismount when necessary. Additionally, horses cannot be ridden in all areas of Skyrim, such as inside cities or on steep terrain.
Sing Mods To Increase Walk Speed
For players who want to customize their gaming experience, mods can be an excellent option to increase their character’s walk speed in Skyrim. With a vast library of mods available online, players can choose from various options that can significantly enhance their gameplay experience. Here are some of the mods that can increase your character’s walk speed:
- Faster Walk: This mod increases your character’s walk speed by 50%, allowing you to move around the game world more efficiently. Whether you’re exploring the vast wilderness of Skyrim or trying to outrun an enemy, this mod can be a valuable asset to have in your inventory.
- Improved Horse Speed: This mod increases the speed of your horse, making them faster and more maneuverable. Whether you’re riding through rough terrain or trying to outrun an enemy, this mod can significantly enhance your gameplay experience and make traveling in Skyrim more enjoyable.
- Sprint Jump: This mod allows your character to sprint and jump at the same time, increasing their speed and mobility. Whether you’re trying to cross a wide gap or reach a high ledge, this mod can make your character more agile and versatile.
It is essential to note that while mods can significantly enhance your gameplay experience, they can also affect the stability of the game. Therefore, it is crucial to download mods from reputable sources and test them thoroughly before using them in your game.