Calling all Animal Crossing: New Horizons players! Have you been wondering if you have to invite the first campsite villager in order to progress your game?
Well, wonder no more – we’ve got everything you need to know right here. So whether you’re a beginner or a pro at this popular game, keep reading for all the answers about inviting that first campsite villager.
Yes, you need to invite the first campsite villager in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. You can do this by speaking with them at least once a day for five days or sending them an invitation through the Nook Stop terminal in Resident Services. As long as you talk to them often and send an invitation on time, they should move into the campground after seven days.
Can You Change Your First Campsite Villager?
When you first invite a campsite villager to your island, they will become a permanent part of your island community. This means that they will have their own house, personality, and unique characteristics. Once they have been invited, you will be unable to change them or replace them with a different villager.
However, it is possible to invite additional campsite villagers to your island. As you progress through the game and complete tasks and objectives, you will have the opportunity to invite more campsite villagers to your island. These additional villagers can be of any species or personality type, and you can choose which villagers you want to invite based on your preferences.
It is worth noting that you do not have to invite the first campsite villager if you do not want to. While it is a good idea to invite a campsite villager early on in the game, as they can help you with tasks and provide valuable resources, you are not required to invite them. If you do not want to invite the first campsite villager, you can simply decline the invitation and wait for another opportunity to invite a different villager.
What Happens If You Say No To A Campsite Villager?
If you say no to a campsite villager in Animal Crossing, a few different things could happen. Here’s a breakdown of the possible outcomes:
- The villager will leave your island. If you decline to invite the campsite villager to stay on your island, they will pack up their tent and leave. As a result, you won’t be able to interact with them or invite them back to your island until they appear at the campsite again, which could take a while.
- The villager will ask if you’d like to invite someone else. If you decline to invite the campsite villager but want to invite someone else to stay on your island, they may offer to let you choose another one to invite instead. This allows you to invite a different villager, provided they are available at the campsite.
- The villager will give you a gift. Some campsite villagers may offer you a small gift as a token of appreciation for stopping by, even if you decline to invite them to stay on your island. This could be a piece of furniture, a piece of clothing, or some other item.
- The villager will simply thank you for your time. In some cases, the campsite villager may merely thank you for your time and leave without offering you a gift or the opportunity to invite someone else.
When Should First Villagers Be Invited?
The question of when to invite the first campsite villager is one that many players wonder about, as it can significantly impact their island’s development. There are a few factors to consider when deciding when to invite the first campsite villager.
First, you may want to wait until you have a good sense of the layout and design of your island. Inviting a villager to your island early on may mean that you have to change your island’s layout later to accommodate their needs. If you’re still building and designing your island, it may be best to hold off on inviting a villager until you have a clearer idea of what you want your island to look like.
You may also want to consider the type of villager you want to invite. Each villager in Animal Crossing: New Horizons has their own unique personality, appearance, and catchphrase, and you may want to take some time to explore the different options available to you before making a decision. You can view the available campsite villagers by visiting the “Invite a Camper” menu in the Nook Stop terminal.
Finally, you may want to consider your own playstyle and goals for the game. For example, suppose you’re someone who enjoys collecting and befriending a wide variety of villagers.
In that case, you may want to hold off on inviting the first campsite villager until you have a better idea of what you’re looking for. On the other hand, if you want to get started building and crafting as soon as possible, you may want to go ahead and invite the first campsite villager immediately.
How Do I Reset My First Campsite Villager?
If you’re looking to reset your first campsite villager in Animal Crossing, you’ll be happy to know that it’s a relatively simple process. There are a few different ways you can go about it, depending on your goal. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to reset your first campsite villager:
- Talk to the campsite villager you want to reset and ask them if they would like to move in. If they agree, they will move in to your island and become a permanent resident. However, if they decline, they will return to the campsite, and you can try again later.
- If the villager agrees to move in, you can reset them by simply asking them to move out. To do this, go to their home and select the “Ask to Move Out” option from the dialogue menu. The villager will then pack up their belongings and leave your island, returning to the campsite.
- Alternatively, you can reset the campsite villager by inviting a different villager to move in to your island. To do this, you’ll need to make sure you have an open plot of land where the new villager can move in. Then, simply visit the campsite and speak to the villager you want to invite. If they agree to move in, the first campsite villager will return to the campsite, and the new villager will take their place on your island.
- Finally, you can reset the first campsite villager by simply waiting for them to leave on their own. Villagers will sometimes decide to leave your island of their own accord, and when this happens, they will return to the campsite. You can then invite a new villager to move in to your island in their place.
Are Your First Villagers Random?
Your first villagers are chosen randomly from a pool of available options. This means that you don’t have any control over who you get as your first villagers, and you may end up with ones you don’t particularly care for.
However, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. You may end up getting some really great villagers that you grow to love, and you can always work towards getting the villagers you want later on.
On the other hand, if you’re playing an older version of Animal Crossing, such as New Leaf, your first villagers are not entirely random. In these games, you have the option to choose which villagers you want as your starting residents.
This is done through a series of questions that ask about your personality and preferences, and the game will suggest villagers that match your responses. So while you still don’t have complete control over which villagers you get, you can at least narrow it down to a selection of villagers that you may enjoy.